bdYIGF mailing list is established to provide a forum for discussion, exchange and collaboration in order to give the opportunity of equal multi-stakeholder participation in the building process of the Information Society to youngsters in Bangladesh. The platform allows the voice of young people to be heard by Information Society leaders on the issues related to Internet Governance and to help young people to take an active part in the decision-making processes.
This is NOT a forum for people to discuss any political issues, sell or advertise products, end-users to pester their service provider, or any special interest group people to promote their activities. Such behavioural post will be removed from the list and blocked for future post.
When you post to the bdYIGF mailing list any posting made should be considered as solely being the views of the person making the posting and not representing any company unless explicitly stated otherwise. You must also remember that any posting made joins the public domain and is publicly archived, it is unwise to include any information that would normally require a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) of any sort. The responsibility of this vests with the poster not the bdYIGF forum.
As a list subscriber, you are required to respect the opinion of others, even if you disagree with it. Healthy debate on a topic is good, however personal attacks, name and shame attempts, or flaming will not be accepted.
It would be worthwhile for new list subscribers to become familiar with the posters on the list before start posting. Some of the list members have spent many years in their field and are experts.
Their experience is a resource to be valued. Also remember that there isn’t always a direct correlation between the number of posts by a poster and their expertise level.
Remember that when you post mail to the bdYIGF mailing list, your post will be received by hundreds, or even thousands, of your current and potential peers, customers, suppliers and employers. Think before posting – you don’t want to look foolish in front of these people as these are the very people you may need to ask for a job, or a favour, one day.
We ask that list subscribers refrain from using derogatory language towards individuals, companies, or products.
- Include a very short signature tag on all messages containing your permissible contact information (e.g. full name, affiliation, etc.)
- Your subject line should contain a clearly stated topic of your comments. This makes it easier for members to search and respond to the thread.
- Only relevant portions of the original message should be included in a reply and your response should be inserted to appear immediately before the original posting.
- Consider whether it would be more appropriate to start a new thread with a new subject line, if your response is actually about a new topic.
- Messages to the entire list membership should only be sent when it contains information that is relevant to everyone. Messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me too” should be sent to individuals rather than the entire list. You can do this by using the forwarding option in your email application or by copying and pasting the email address of the individual whom you want to respond to.
- Administrative messages such as “remove me from the list,” notices of absence or apologies from a call, or requests to resend call-in information should not be sent to the entire list. Such messages should be directed to the relevant list administrators or secretariat (as applicable).
- Posts in HTML format are strongly discouraged – it tends to annoy people who read with text mode clients.
Please don’t. Strongly discouraged. If needed provide URL so interested list member can visit the URL.
Please make sure that if you do use an auto-responder, it’s configured to not auto-respond to list e-mail. If it does, your list membership will, in all probability, be suspended until it’s fixed.
The bdYIGF mailing list is reactively moderated – that is to say that posts will be delivered to members immediately, but if the moderators see the list being abused the abuser(s) will be asked to refrain from their activities. If the abuser(s) does not cease, their list subscription will be set to moderated mode, requiring all future posts to be moderator approved. Further inappropriate activity may result in the list member being removed. The bdYIGF board reserve the right to remove posts from the archive that do not follow this charter.
If the board believes a thread does not follow this charter, the board may request that no more posts to the thread be sent. It is expected that all subscribers follow this direction.
bdYIGF accepts no liability for the events, ramifications, content, or intent of any posting made to the bdYIGF mailing list, nor accept liability for the moderation of a poster, removal of a post from archives, removal of posting privileges, or the removal of subscription rights.
Last modified on October 12, 2016
* The contents of this page are partially adopted from bdNOG Mailing List Charter.