Bangladesh Youth IGF (bdYIGF)
Bangladesh Youth IGF is a part of the global Youth IGF (www.youthigf.com), being its Chapter in Bangladesh. bdYIGF aims to give the opportunity of equal multi-stakeholder participation in the building process of the Information Society to teenagers and young people in Bangladesh. The main goal is to allow the voice of young people to be heard by Information Society leaders on the issues related to Internet Governance and to help young people to take an active part in the decision-making processes. Particular attention is paid to the participation of young people from vulnerable groups and those with fewer opportunities for better social inclusion. The Youth IGF reinforces active citizenship in young people and participates in the development of intercultural and intergenerational dialogues.
Empowerment of young digital natives in order to build an open, safe and trustworthy Internet for everyone through the multi-stakeholder Internet governance discourse, globally and locally, now and into the future.
- To build awareness among the young generation of Bangladesh about the Internet ecosystem and responsible use of Internet for the positive development of the society
- To work together in building an open, safe and trustworthy Internet for all generations
- To engage youth in supporting digital inclusion and the development of projects, policies and ideas to further the open and collaborative spirit of the Internet
- To empower young minds through training to constructively contribute to the local, regional and global Internet governance discourse
- To encourage the further empowerment of young participants to advance, protect and defend the open and multi-stakeholder development, governance and use of a respectable and harmonious Internet environment for the benefit of all people in Bangladesh and eventually throughout the world
- To support the autonomous development of positive initiatives for the Internet community at large by youth